The Waterproofing System That Works
The system we install will function as designed for the lifetime of the structure.
We will thoroughly inspect your basement to discover and define all drainage problem areas. The solutions, system design, total cost estimate and time for completion will be discussed, and a written proposal submitted to you without charge or obligation.
Installing Your System
1. Upon acceptance of the proposal, work begins with the removal of approximately 18″
of the concrete floor along the base of the problem wall areas. A trench is then excavated
down to the base of the oundation footings.
2. Rigid, heavy wall PVC drain tube is placed in the trench, surrounded and supported by 3/4″
washed rock. This rock assists in sediment filtration and more complete drainage.
3. Holes are drilled in the wall block voids to fascilitate evacuation. Vent-Mat edging is
installed to direct the problem leakage into the prepared drainage trench.
4. The drain tube channels the water to a thick walled PVC basin containing the submersible
sump pump. The evacuation pipe from the pump may be routed to your sewer system
(as code allows) or another suitable disposal area.
5. Heavy vinyl sheeting is placed over the drainage rock trench to form a final moisture
6. The concrete floor is replaced and refinished over the new drainage system.
Walkout Evacuation System
* Avoid foundation damage *
Walkout basements present a unique drainage challenge. If the original tile allows water to collect in the blocks below, the seasonal freeze ~ thaw cycle will cause major damage to the foundation in a very short time.
To cure the problem we dig down to the base of the foundation and drill a relief hole at the footing. A rigid PVC pipe is installed to allow positive drainage to a suitable runoff area.